This scholarship is offered by the Edinburgh Legal Education Trust, which was formed in 1996 for the advancement of legal education. The Trustees wish to award a scholarship for study beginning in September 2023. This scholarship opportunity is awarded to students who are seeking to pursue a degree at the Institution.
Application Deadline: 8th May 2022.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: The scholarship will cover tuition fees (at the home level) and provide a stipend of £10,926. In addition, a limited amount of assistance may be given by the Trust in respect of research expenses, but this will not normally exceed £400 in a year.
Fees will be paid by the Trust directly to the University of Edinburgh. The maintenance allowance will be paid in four equal instalments on 15 September, 15 December, 15 March and 15 June.
Number of Awards: Not Specified
- Applicants must be accepted by the University of Edinburgh for the degree of LLM by Research.
- Applicants must hold an honours degree in law or an ordinary degree in law plus an honours degree in a different discipline.
- Applicants must have a UK 2:1 honours degree, or its international equivalent, in law, or a social science subject or equivalent.
- Applicants must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS – 7.0
- TOEFL-iBT – 100
- CAE/CPE – 185
- Trinity ISE – SE III with a pass in all four components
- PTE – 70
How to Apply: Admission applications for a programme at the law school must be made online. Students are required to fill out the scholarship application form and mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org to submit.