The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) and the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate
Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) programs encourage
excellence in graduate studies at publicly-assisted universities in
Ontario. Both programs are jointly funded by the Ontario government and
participating institutions. The government contributes two-thirds of the
value of the awards and the university provides the remaining one-third.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2022 at 4:00 p.m. (ET)
Eligible Countries: International, Permanent Residents & Domestic
Type: Masters, PhD
Number of Scholarships: Limited
Value of Scholarship: Each OGS and QEII-GSST is valued at a maximum of
$15,000 per year. The award is paid as $5,000 per term for either two or
- Applicants must be an international student studying in Ontario with a student study permit under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada). Successful OGS International recipients who are residing outside of Canada due to COVID-19 will be required to show either proof of existing study permit or in-progress study permit application before funds will be released to them.
- Applicants must have achieved a first-class average (minimum of A-/80%), in EACH of the last two completed years of study (full-time equivalent).
- Applicants must be currently registered in a graduate program (or on an approved inactive term from their graduate program) by at least the fall 2021 term.
How to Apply:
- An OGS/QEII-GSST application is required in order to be considered for the scholarship. Students only need to submit one application in order to be considered for both OGS and QEII-GSST.
- The application must be emailed to the proposed department graduate co-ordinator (see Step 2) by the appropriate submission deadline.